Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Life without sports?

The point of this blog is to express my feelings about sports. Sports have evolved from more than just a game. Sports have become life for a lot of people. I know that sports have a huge impact on my life and a lot of my friends lives. Without sport life would be boring. What would March be without March Madness? Thanksgiving or New Years without football? We have days of the week that are famous, black Friday and fat Tuesday. Well what would happen if there was no Superbowl Sunday? Sports are no longer restricted to the evening news or ESPN. Sports headlines are not only on the sports page anymore. Michael Jordan in the 90's was probably the most recognizable figure in the world, and Lebron James is headed for that. Tiger Woods makes $100 million a year. Sports are no longer just a game, Sports are life. Over the next couple of months I am going to blog about what is on my mind in the sports world. I watch Around the Horn, PTI, Mike & Mike, and other shows like that. I am never going to have my own show so this blog is going to be my show. I realize that no one is ever going to read this, but that doesn't mean I cant write it. So from now on its more than sport, it is life.

2 comments:

  1. You are my hero. I read it by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Kyle. Unfortunately NFL is set up to allow players to restructure their contract while in the middle of their contract. It's the way it's been for a while. He's seen a few other players do it therefore he thinks he's intitled to a little bit of the payday. To add to that, NFL has an average of about 5 years career expectancy and any player can be done via injury/car accident/ shot and killed (R.I.P. sean taylor)/ etc. God forbid one of those things happen but he wants his money while in his prime because he feels he deserves it & because he won't be making top tier Wide Reciever money all his life.

    With that being said, it is still not a pass to act the way he did. There is a professional way to go about getting your piece of the preverbial "pie" and acting a fool during (most important practices before season starts) a pre-season practice is not one of them. You don't do that kinda stuff when everyone's putting in their hard work in and especially when you know the media is there watching every move you make (or in his case not make, lol). He's only played a few years and wants to make Randy Moss type money! This kid needs to honor his contract, establish himself as a top target in the NFL (for more than a year and a half) THEN he can cash in and do whatever he wants A LA OCHOCINCO. Until then, he needs to put on the pads, strap on his helmet, SHUT his mouth, and play a game most people in the world play for FREE.

    ReplyDelete